14 Apr F.A.B WORKSHOPS
Are you are a fashion designer or fashion business who is interested in setting up your fashion business sourcing and/or producing in Africa? Are you curious about how to make it happen sustainably and ethically? Africa Fashion Guide can help!
Maybe you are preparing to showcase at upcoming fashion shows or need help understanding how to get your product into shops?
Struggling to work out just how to go about it? Well read on as we may just have the answer for you!
Recognised by The Guardian newspaper as one of their Top 10 African fashion blogs, and due to increased demand, Social Enterprise Africa Fashion Guide Ltd presents the highly popular Fashion Africa Business (F.A.B) Workshops™ to fulfil this need.
F.A.B Workshops™ offers you an original affordable, intensive 6-week (7 session) program conducted in a relaxed classroom style format. Conducted by qualified industry professionals with at least 10 years experience in the field.
Our F.A.B Workshops™ gives design entrepreneurs the relevant tips, strategies, tools and resources to be able to successfully prepare, build and grow your own African focused fashion business based on sustainable design practices and ethical working conditions.
The aim is to educate and advise designers and fashion businesses on the relevant elements required to run a successful African fashion company. Whether you are setting up shop, sourcing or producing in Africa, working with African producers or using traditional African textiles and crafts in a contemporary way, then the F.A.B Workshops™ will prepare you to start up, get prepared for fashion shows, events and next seasons collection or take your existing business forward.
Schedule and Dates:
The full program lasts for 6 consecutive weeks covering 7 sessions and will include the following topics:
- Design and Research For The African Market
- Textiles – Options and Qualities from the African continent
- Sourcing and Production with African Producers for International Clients
- Press, Branding and Marketing
- Getting Product to market
- Setting up Business in Africa – the Logistics and working with Red Tape
- Working in Developing Countries
- Trends and understanding the African Market
- Importance of Ethical and Sustainable Fashion
- Retailing of African Sourced and Made Product
We have a fantastic line up of professional industry leaders to teach and share their experience with you that includes:
- Jose Hendo – bark cloth expert
- Paola Masperi – Mayamiko
- Richard Mkoloma – Designer at Adidas
- Madeleine Responsify
- Joanna of SOKO Kenya
- Valene/ZInzi of Stories of Near
- Daphne Kasambala of Sapelle